Ixora (West Indian Jasmine)
$18.00 incl. GST
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Plant Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:-
- 32cm for POT SIZE 13cm(Ø)
- Ixora is a genus of flowering plants in the family Rubiaceae.
- It is the only genus in the tribe Ixoreae.
- It consists of tropical evergreen trees and shrubs and holds around 544 species.
- Though native to tropical and subtropical areas throughout the world, its center of diversity is in Tropical Asia.
- Plant it in a soil mixture that is rich in organic matter and peat-based.
- Additionally, it loves soil that has a slightly acidic pH level, ranging between 5.5 to 6.5.
- Soil mixtures that have a pH level above 7.0 can cause the plant to have dull foliage color.
- Use a 30-10-10 mix of liquid fertilizer.
- They like bright light, put them somewhere where they can get at least eight to 10 hours of sunlight a day.
- A word of warning: Keep them away from harsh direct rays in the summer, which can dry out and burn the leaves if you're not careful.
- Water the plant regularly, with a deep soaking about once a week and less during the winter, and keep the soil moist but not dripping wet.
- It also prefers high humidity, so place its pot on a tray of wet pebbles if you grow the plant indoors.