Purple Shiso (Perilla frutescens var. crispa)
$9.35 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with Flowers/Fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25-30cm
- Perilla frutescens var. crispa, also known by its Japanese name Shiso, is a cultigen of Perilla frutescens, a herb in the mint family Lamiaceae.
- It is native to the mountainous regions of China and India but is now found worldwide.
- Purple Shiso is a common herb found in Asian cuisine that has fish.
- It has a preventive effect towards food poisoning and hence it's good to be consumed with raw fish.
- Both the green and the red Shiso have the ability to improve intestine activity.
- Plant it in compost-rich, well-drained soil.
- It prefers a soil pH of 5.5 to 6.5 and will grow in average soil.
- Keep the plant in top form by feeding the plants with a dilute solution of liquid fertilizer.
- Direct morning sunlight or bright shade, these plants dislike extreme heat please avoid the hot afternoon sun.
- Water when the top 1 inch of soil feels dry, make sure to deeply water each time but remove excess water so as to not drown the roots.