Common Rue 臭草 (Ruta Graveolens)
$8.41 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Common Rue is a low-maintenance culinary plant that would be great for beginner gardeners.
- Its strong smell is a repellent to many creatures, including dogs, cats, and Japanese beetles.
- Rue plants have bluish-green, fernlike leaves that are bushy and compact.
- The flowers on the rue herb are yellow with petals that are frilly on the edges and the center of the flower is normally green.
- Sharp drainage is important for healthy rue flowers.
- Add sand, perlite, or vermiculite to the soil to help drainage.
- Do not apply fertilizer to rue flowers.
- Excess nutrients will cause the plants to produce more foliage at the expense of the flowers.
- Rue flowers grow well in full sun, but partial shade is also tolerated.
- Plants will produce fewer flowers in the shade.
- Common rue is very drought tolerant and is a good candidate for the xeriscape or rock garden.