White Strawberry - Pineberry (Fragaria Ananassa)
Limited special offer
$18.36 $23.36 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 25cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Pineberries are similar to the garden strawberry and are a widely grown hybrid species of the genus Fragaria, collectively known as the strawberries, which are cultivated worldwide for their fruit.
- Pineberry (Fragaria ananassa) is a hybrid cross from Fragaria chiloensis and Fragaria virginiana.
- The word “pineberry” is a fusion of the words “pineapple” and “strawberry” and refers to a relatively new pale pink or pale orange to a white strawberry cultivar that is adorned with red achenes.
- Homegrown pineberries are far more flavorful than what you’ll ever find in a grocery store.
- Compost is another key to growing a pineberry patch that produces big, sweet berries.
- Make sure that the soil has been fully amended with good compost/composted manure and a good drainage pot.
- Use a commercial 10-10-10 food or, if you are growing organically, any of a number of organic fertilizers will do.
- Full Sun.
- Water adequately, about one inch per week.
- Pineberry plants need a lot of water when the runners and flowers are developing and again in the fall when the plants are mature.