Coffee Plant in a Mug
$14.02 incl. GST
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 18-20cm
- ⇒ Fruits are seasonal.
- ⇒ The picture shown is for reference only.
- Coffea is a genus of flowering plants in the family Rubiaceae.
- Coffea species are shrubs or small trees native to tropical and southern Africa and tropical Asia.
- The seeds are coffee beans and are used to flavor various beverages and products.
- The fruits, like the seeds, contain a large amount of caffeine, and have a distinct sweet taste and are often juiced.
- A rich, peat-based potting soil with excellent drainage is beneficial.
- Coffee plants do not like limey soils, so if your plant is not thriving, add some organic matter like peat.
- Coffee plants can grow in soil that has a pH of 4 to 7.
- The ideal soil pH range is closer to 6 to 6.5.
- Foliar spraying with Multi-K as a supplement to soil fertilization is the most effective way to improve potassium and nitrogen uptake by the coffee plant.
- Coffee plants prefer bright, but indirect, light.
- This means that they should be placed near a window but not directly in the window itself.
- When watering the coffee arabica plant, it is best to keep the soil moist but not soggy.
- Use 1/3 of a cup of water, and pour near the base of the plant.
- Adjust your watering amounts as the months' change.
- One great thing about these plants is that the leaves are a big indication of when you need to water.