Huperzia Phlegmaria (Tassel Ferns)
$35.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 65cm
- Phlegmariurus phlegmaria, synonym Huperzia phlegmaria, commonly known as either coarse tassel fern or common tassel fern, is an epiphytic species native to rainforests in Madagascar, some islands in the Indian Ocean, Asia, Australasia, and many Pacific Islands.
- Tassel Ferns grow well in a coarse epiphytic potting mix.
- It should be well-drained, provide plenty of aeration, and have a good moisture-holding capacity.
- Ferns are relatively light feeders compared to many other foliage plants.
- They prefer a balanced fertilizer, such as 20-10-20 or 20-20-20, with micronutrients applied at approximately 200 ppm nitrogen.
- Too much nitrogen can cause tip burn on the roots and leaves if the plant becomes dry.
- Tassel Ferns require good light for growth but must be protected from full sun.
- Plants grow very bright light often take on a bleached appearance, additional shade should be provided to plants that take on this appearance.
- Tassel Ferns enjoy plenty of water.
- In warm conditions, they should be watered daily.