Blue Pea Vine (Clitoria Ternatea)
$28.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY:
- 28cm for Pot Size 20cm(Ø)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and although look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Overall Height is measured from the bottom of the pot to the tallest point of the plant vertically.
- Adding the much-desired color of blue to a garden of flowers, blue pea vine (Clitoria ternatea) is a fast-growing vine that blooms continuously from summer through fall.
- Whether it frames an arbor or spills out of a hanging basket, a blue Clitoria ternatea vine adds a lush tropical look to any sunny garden spot.
- Also called butterfly pea flower plant because of its fluttering petals, the leaves of this plant add fullness and greenery wherever you plant it.
- Since you will be growing this lovely vine for its flowers instead of its foliage, you can optimize its blooming potential simply by meeting its few cultural needs.
- Butterfly pea flowers grow in nearly any type of soil, including nutrient-poor, but sandy, acidic soil is preferable.
- Good drainage is critical, as spurred butterfly pea plants won't tolerate soggy growing conditions.
- Nourish the plant once or twice a year with a water-soluble fertilizer, preferably an organic fertilizer.
- The Blue Pea Plant enjoys full sun for vital growth.
- However, this easy-to-grow plant thrives in low light conditions including partial shade.
- Compared to xeric plants, which are adapted to drier conditions, blue pea vine is a mesic plant, which means that it needs an abundance of water and consistently moist soil for healthy growth.