Toukaede Bonsai 唐楓 Trident Maple (Japan)
$74.77 incl. GST
- Pot Size APPROXIMATELY 15cm(Ø) x 5cm(H) x 22cm(Overall Height)
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Acer buergerianum is a species of maple native to eastern China, Taiwan, and Japan.
- Trident Maples are highly desired for bonsai due to their small, three-lobed leaves, thick gnarly roots that are perfect for the dramatic root over rock technique, and a readily thickening trunk that boasts an attractive orange-brown peeling appearance.
- Using the right soil mixture for your Bonsai trees is crucial as it supplies your trees with nutrients, but it also needs to drain properly, provide enough aeration, and retain water.
- You can get those ready-mixed soils or prepare a soil mixture yourself.
- You can use a relatively high Nitrogen content fertilizer like NPK 10:6:6.
- Biogold is a favored fertilizer among Bonsai enthusiasts, but any fertilizer with the right NPK value is perfectly fine.
- Being woody shrubs and trees, the plants need a sunny spot with at least four hours of direct sunlight to thrive.
- The lack of sunlight will lead to lanky growth and large leaves which are not desired in bonsai specimens. You need to prune the plants periodically to maintain their shape and form.
- Water your trees when the soil gets slightly dry.
- Be sure not to water your tree if the soil is still wet, but don't let the tree dry out either.