Volcanic Rock - Red (Usagi)
$5.61 incl. GST
- Often going by the names of rock flour, rock powder, stone dust, and basalt, volcanic rock dust is one of the best things that you can add to your garden.
- Rock minerals are essential for plant growth, but not all rocks are the same.
- Igneous rocks from volcanoes like basalt have the highest mineral content.
- This means that they provide the biggest benefit for your soil.
- Understanding how volcanic rock dust works to help the soil is easy.
- Plant roots are voracious feeders that suck minerals out of the soil around them, and over time this depletes the soil’s natural reserves, causing plants to become stunted.
- By adding volcanic rock dust back to the soil, it makes it accessible to plant roots as soon as they make contact with it.
- As the rock continues to break down, additional nutrients are made available to the plant roots.
- Thus, guaranteeing them a consistent supply of nutrients.
- Plants given plenty of access to volcanic rock dust will grow bigger, faster, and healthier than other plants.
- Their root structures will improve and strengthen, and they will have increased resistance to pests and diseases.
- Furthermore, they will have better flavor and greater nutritional value.
- The slow-release properties of volcanic rock dust make it an easy way to minimize the deficiencies that fast-growing plants experience, as it allows them to have a consistent feeding supply for longer than other forms of fertilizer.
- To apply your rock dust, simply sprinkle it onto the top few inches of your garden bed and gently till it in.
- Make sure that it has contact with plant roots.