Burnt Soil (Usagi)
$4.50 incl. GST
Ship in 2 days
- The image pictured is strictly for illustration purposes only and will never be 100% identical to the actual product.
- Various grain sizes are specified accordingly and the measurement is approximate only.
- The product is PRE-PACKED in sealed clear plastic.
- Burnt soil is essentially heavy and sticky clay that has been heat-treated to change its structural properties.
- It is often combined with compost which forms the organic, water-retentive component of the growing mix.
- A growing mix made up of 1 part of burnt soil and 1 part of compost is ideal for growing most plants.
- The essential qualities of burnt soil/earth are that it will absorb water without becoming sticky and that the lumps do not readily break down when the soil is watered.
- As it is sterilized, all pests and harmful micro-organisms are destroyed.
- Suitable for the planting of Aloe Vera and other flowering plants that require dry or well-drained planting medium.
- Try mixing burnt soil with compost and potting soil for a premixed planting medium so that the water can drain out easily.