Tradescantia Zebrina (InchPlant)
$8.00 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery Within 2 days
- InchPlant, also known as Tradescantia zebrina, is one of the easiest houseplants to grow.
- It is best suited for hanging containers, and it needs a location with plenty of indirect natural light.
- These plants can become leggy and scraggly with large sections of bare stems unless they are pinched back regularly to keep them bushy.
- This plant can well with ordinary potting soil if it is not over-watered, but prefers a soil that drains well.
- Mixing a small amount of sand into commercial potting soil is ideal.
- The plant doesn't require much, if any, feeding.
- At most, use a water-soluble fertilizer diluted to half-strength, applied bimonthly.
- More aggressive feeding can cause the plant's leaves to lose their variegation.
- They do best in bright but indirect sun.
- Without enough light, the variegation of the leaves begins to fade.
- Too much sun, though, can cause the leaves to scorch.
- This plant does well if kept moist but not soggy.
- It should be watered weekly in the summer, less frequently in the winter.