String of Turtle (Peperomia Prostrata)
$18.69 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 16-20cm
The plant comes with a plant hanger
- The String of Turtles, also known as Peperomia Prostrata is a small, vining plant with roundish, succulent green leaves with brownish blotches resembling the turtle shell.
- Its small size and delicate leaves make it a great plant for container gardens and terrariums.
- It will form a thick mat and does well in hanging baskets where it will cascade over the sides of the pot.
- The narrow flower spike is reddish-brown.
- It requires a loose, rich, well-aerated, and well-drained potting mix.
- A good way to mix up the soil is to use 2 parts peat and one part sand or perlite and to change it or the top layer once a year.
- Fertilize the plant with diluted fertilizers every other week during the growing season.
- Bright light can help it grow well.
- If the leaves are dark green, do not expose plants to too much direct sunlight as it can harm them.
- These plants grow well as indoor plants under fluorescent lights.
- It prefers moist soil but does not like overwatering.
- Allow the top layer of the soil to completely dry before watering again.