Traveller's Tree (Ravenaia Madagascariensis)
$44.86 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 50cm
- Ravenala is a genus of flowering plants with a single species, Ravenala madagascariensis, commonly known as the traveler's tree, traveler's palm, or East-West palm, from Madagascar.
- It is not a true palm but a member of a monocotyledonous flowering plant family, Strelitziaceae.
- In fact, it’s fanned branching structure and foliage are distinctively different from the typical palm.
- The common name comes from the plant’s unique, somewhat two-dimensional fan of foliage that tends to align in an east-west direction when growing in its natural habitat.
- As a result of this interesting growth habit, a wandering traveler could use this tree to gain a sense of direction, just like a compass.
- This “flat” fan of foliage enables it to be used in places where height is desired without taking up a wide range of space.
- Prefers moist but well-drained soil.
- Adding a nitrogen-rich fertilizer during the growing season will result in a healthier and faster-growing tree.
- Bright Light.
- Check the soil moisture with your finger.
- If the top 2-4” (5-10cm) of soil is dry, or plants are wilted, it is time to water.