Fittonia Albivenis (Mosaic Plant)
$4.50 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 8-11cm
- Mosaic Plant or Nerve Plant (Fittonia albivenis) is a plant that consists of vein patterns.
- It makes this foliage look very striking and the combination with a white pot further enhances these patterns.
- It is a low-growing creeper that is a perfect fit for terrariums or bottle gardens.
- It typically grows to a height of 3 to 6 inches with a trailing spread of 12 to 18 inches.
- Although the plant rarely flowers when grown as an indoor houseplant, it does occasionally bloom with insignificant reddish or yellowish-white spikes.
- A great plant for a side/coffee table.
- The plant makes an attractive gift for social visits.
- Fittonia grows well in standard potting soil with a peat-moss base.
- The soil should retain some moisture but should also drain well.
- During its growing season, it should be fed weekly with a weak dose of liquid fertilizer formulated for tropical plants.
- A 5-5-5 NPK fertilizer diluted to half strength is a good formulation.
- It dislikes full sunlight, preferring bright, indirect sun, such as that offered by north-facing windows.
- It will also thrive under fluorescent lights.
- Keeping the plant appropriately moist can be a challenge.
- Fittonia is prone to collapse if it's allowed to dry out.
- Although it will recover quickly if thoroughly watered, repeated fainting spells will eventually take their toll on the plant.
- At the other extreme, Fittonia plants that are allowed to stagnate in water will develop yellowed, limp leaves.