Acer Burgerianum Maple (Hana Chiru Sato)
$157.01 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 95cm
- The actual plant may differ as each pot has its own unique natural look and though look identical but never 100% similar to the image pictured here.
- Flowers/Fruits are seasonal and plants may not be with flowers/fruits at the time of order/delivery.
- Acer Buergerianum commonly called trident maple or three-toothed maple is native to China, Korea, and Japan.
- Triangular, three-lobed leaves (to 3.5” long) are glossy green above and pale green beneath.
- Variable but usually attractive fall color features shades of dark red and orange.
- Non-showy, greenish-yellow flowers bloom in spring (April-May).
- Well-drained, acid to neutral soil.
- Young Trident maple trees will need a fertilizer high in nitrogen while older trees need less nitrogen in order to produce the smaller leaves and controlled growth that is preferred in the art of bonsai.
- The Trident maple prefers full sun and will be most vibrant and successful grown in those conditions.
- During the hottest days of summer, it may need to be watered daily.
- Ensure that your bonsai is placed in well-drained soil and that its roots are never allowed to sit in water least it should develop root rot.