Azalea Cascading 杜鹃花
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER PRODUCT AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 26TH JANUARY 2021 ONWARDS
Overall Height APPROXIMATELY 60-65cm
- Known as “The Royalty of the Garden,” Azaleas have long been adored for their brightly colored flowers and outstanding form and foliage.
- Perfect for this festive season!
- Azaleas thrive in moist and acidic soils with pH between five and six.
- Good drainage is essential for keeping the soil moist rather than soggy which can trigger rotting in the roots of the plant.
- Fertilizer should be applied once a year, but don’t overdo it as the roots are frail.
- The azalea’s leaves will turn yellow when the soil has been sucked out of its nitrogen and other nutrients, and this is your green light for a fertilizer treatment.
- Otherwise, only fertilize during late spring or early autumn, after the blooming has finished.
- These flowers love locations that are both shady and bright.
- Exposure to the strong sun at noon should be avoided.
- Rather azaleas thrive when exposed to the weak morning sun and then remain in the shade for the rest of the day.
- This makes the eastern or north-eastern areas of your property – if planted outside – ideal for these flowers.
- If planted inside, place your azalea where it can get light either in the morning or late in the afternoon.
- Allow the water to penetrate deeply and leave until the soil dries, then repeat.
- Those plants that are exposed to the sun for longer will need more water, but be careful not to make the soil soggy as it can trigger rotting.