Fine Bark (Usagi)
$4.21 incl. GST
Earliest Delivery in 2 days
- Fine Bark is an organic matter-rich soil conditioner, suitable for a wide range of landscape applications, particularly when it is required to improve the soil structure, quality, organic matter levels and, water holding capacity.
- The bark is the outermost layer of stems and roots of woody plants, which includes plants like trees, woody vines, and shrubs.
- A number of plants are also grown for their attractive or interesting bark colorations and surface textures or their bark is used as landscape mulch.
- Applying a thick layer of decorative bark to your soil surfaces (called a mulch) does much more than just make your garden look attractive.
- It helps to retain soil moisture, suppresses weed growth, and will gradually improve the structure of your soil.
- The bark will also help insulate the soil and protect your plant roots from cold, freezing weather in winter and hot, dry conditions in summer.
- Apply as a fantastic contrast to other materials used in your garden, bringing back the feel of nature in modern designs.
- A Colourful contrasting path, also safer than many hard surfaces as it doesn’t get slippery in the winter.
- A natural pathway where gravel, slabs, or other materials just wouldn’t fit in.
- Also great for our feathered friends giving a safe and natural flooring for them to scratch about in.